WHY CHOOSE A BIA MEMBER
You have a project you want done and you’ve received quotes from two building professionals. One is a Building Industry Association of Lancaster County (BIA) member, the other is not. Before you choose your builder or remodeler, consider that the BIA member has taken steps to improve their professionalism and expertise. As a BIA member, there are opportunites to:
- Attend educational classes and training seminars,
- Receive updates to local building codes so projects won’t hit snags with officials,
- Attend trade shows and conventions where they can learn what’s new and find the greatest values for customers,
- Receive industry-specific information to keep abreast on changing trends,
- Network with other industry professionals,
- Benefit from the wealth of knowledge and skills from other BIA members, Pennsylvania Builders Association (PBA) members and the membership of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
BIA members have confidence in their skills and pride in their reputations because they must stand shoulder-to-shoulder with their peers. They know that if a complaint is received by the BIA, their peers will review the situation. BIA members are visible to other association members, suppliers, subcontractors and to the buying public. For the professional in the building trade, who succeeds through good referrals, this visibility is critical.
A BIA membership is more than annual dues and a handful of benefits. It’s a clear indication of how a builder, remodeler or associated company views their profession; a view that can give you a great deal of satisfaction with your home building or remodeling project.
To see our Contractor Quality Commitment, to which every member agrees upon applying for membership, click here.