New Construction Sales Representative
UGI Utilities, Inc. is a natural gas and electric utility company committed to delivering reliable, safe and affordable energy to our 700,000 customers in 45 counties in Pennsylvania and 1 county in Maryland. We pride ourselves on being a responsive, engaging energy company. The foundation of our success lies in the strength of our 1,700 plus employees who strive to exceed the expectations of our customers and the communities we serve every day.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance
- disability plans
- 401(k) matched savings plan
- paid vacation
- company stock purchase program
- wellness programs
- tuition reimbursement
- paid parental leave
- paid volunteer time
- adoption assistance
Add profitable natural gas connections in the existing home, new home and commercial markets. Develop and
maintain positive relationships with key residential and commercial developers and HVAC contractors to assist in
effectively selling natural gas heating connections and additional appliances. Increase profitability in the
residential and commercial new construction markets by reducing cost to serve and maximizing sales. Design
and manage the installation of all new business facilities to serve new under the supervision of the Regional Sales
Manager. Serve as a community liaison via community and industry organizations. Possess working knowledge
of UGI’s tariff and utilize growth programs at an expert level. Provide guidance to other employees within the
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work independently to design and estimate complex services, meters and regulators to UGI system specifications for all new business facilities to maximize margin. Respond to potential residential and commercial customer inquiries showing interest in using or converting to natural gas. Adhere to profitability guidelines as established by UGI’s tariff, under the guidance of the Regional Sales Manager. Maintain high levels of Customer Satisfaction. Manage the process to accomplish the installation of facilities.
- Recommend customer solutions to installation and HVAC equipment issues. Actively seek out and engage customer prospects that are along or nearby our mains. Promote natural gas to residential and commercial developers, builders and realtors to secure new construction market and increase overall area market share. Promote appliance saturation and commercial/industrial new technologies. Maintain contact with plumbing and heating contractors, builders, architects and engineers to promote the use of natural gas.
- Secure cost saving measures. Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs. Capitalize on special growth programs and incentives such as GET, AOC/AOP, and EE&C programs.
- Provide technical assistance. Establish, develop, and maintain positive business relationships with municipal officials (e.g., township managers, municipal planners, zoning officials, etc.) to track future potential growth areas, as well as businesses and customers. Act as an energy expert for internal and external parties. Represent UGI at energy events throughout the year. Serve as a community liaison via community and industry organizations.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience involving sales and related technical experience or four-year college degree majoring in business or engineering. This requirement may be waived if the individual has previous relevant technical or work experience.
- Sales Representatives must have an understanding of the operation of natural gas appliances and competitive fuels. Also, the ability to design and estimate construction costs for installation of natural gas services, and residential and commercial applications through the use of the Work Order Management System, DOJM, Design Manager, Avenir, PGS,Ingres/CMS, and MapFrame, along with any other relevant systems is essential. Knowledge of UGI’s service policies, current rebate programs, technical knowledge of natural gas equipment, heat loss and heat gain principles, UGI’s tariff, gas codes, along with strong PC skills are highly preferred.
- Must have strong communication(both written and oral), negotiation, and interpersonal skills. Sales Representatives must be able to speak clearly and concisely to potential customers about the benefits of natural gas. Must be able to build long lasting relationships with heating and plumbing contractors and builders/developers. Organizational and decision-making skills and computer proficiency are a must. Must be self-motivated in pursuing strategies and tasks. Ability to lead negotiations on new projects which may be primarily technical, financial, or both.
Related technical experience or four-year degree majoring in business or engineering. Minimum of 3 years’ experience. UGI Utilities, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. As such, the Company
abides by the requirements of the Executive Order 11246, 41 CFR 60-741.5(a), and 41 CFR 60- 300.5(a). The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with UGI policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, UGI cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.
To apply for this position please visit: