Residential Deck Design
You’re invited to the Residential Deck Design workshop by the Pennsylvania Housing Research Center (PHRC) that the BIA is hosting! Keep reading for more details on this excellent training opportunity in your backyard. Also, attached is a flyer that you can share with your employees.
- WHEN: Tuesday, December 10
- TIME: 8:00am – 4:00pm (Registration at 8:00am, Instruction at 8:30am. Coffee, light breakfast, lunch included)
- WHERE: York Builders Association
- MEMBER COST: $150 ($25 discount from Standard Rate)
- CONTINUING ED: 6 hours for AIA, ICC, L&I, NARI, PA PDH CEUs
- REGISTER at http://www.cvent.com/d/myqbqv
We will review the current code requirements for residential deck design and construction. This will include reviewing the new prescriptive design requirements for joists, beams and post sizing. We will also review the design requirements for stairs and stair illumination. The newly adopted code requirements lay the groundwork for the design of a residential deck. This workshop will give the opportunity to apply the prescriptive requirements to several design examples. Upon completion of this workshop, attendees will know where to find and apply the prescriptive design guidelines set forth in the IRC code books.
- Comprehend the impact that building science principles can have on the resiliency of residential buildings with exterior plaster assemblies.
- Understand the code requirements that relate to the construction of exterior plaster and thin stone veneer assemblies.
- Relate the effects of improper construction technique to occupant risk and building failure.
- Detail appropriate flashing components in order to provide cost effective and durable construction solutions.
Hope to see you on December 10! Register today at http://www.cvent.com/d/myqbqv.