Competent Person Fall Protection
This course will provide information to company individuals who are responsible for the assessment of fall hazards, selection of engineering, administrative controls and personnel fall protection systems. The course will focus on both regulatory (OSHA) requirements and best industry practices. Course will include lecture, hands-on activities, and tabletop-style exercises using potential workplace scenarios.
Benefits of Attending:
Develop Your Knowledge and Learn More About:
- Gain knowledge critical in protecting emplyees from the dangers of working at heights
- Identify workplace fall hazards
- Select and implement hazard controls in accordance with the OSHA hierarchy of hazard control
- Be informed on proper use of personal fall protection devices
Who should attend:
- OSHA regulations and best practices
- Engineering controls, such as scaffolding, guardrails, site protections
- Administrative controls
- Personal fall protection devices
Safety representatives, project supervisors, foremen with responsibility for identifying and correcting workplace hazards should attend.