CQC - CONTRACTOR QUALITY COMMITMENT
The Contractor Quality Commitment program was developed by the Small Contractors Committee of the Pennsylvania Builders Association to provide a program of positive support to the construction industry. The program provided for two (2) phases: to establish criteria for membership and to develop and enforce standards of excellence for reputable contractors; and to educate the general public as to the benefits of receiving services from reputable contractors.
The BIA had developed a local CQC program that identifies acceptable levels of industry professionalism establishes a screening procedure for a new and existing member and provides a method for handling consumer complaints. The Contractor Quality Commitment Standards are as follows:
- I agree to meet or exceed local codes, laws or fees which might be applicable.
- I agree to provide a One-Year Warranty that would be compatible to the standards that have been established by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) for warranty companies.
- I agree to abide by the findings of the Quality Review Committee and promptly respond to and rectify defects as defined by local codes and/or residential warranty program for work or products supplied by the Contractor.
- I agree to use written contracts and change orders and describe all prices and specifications accurately and honestly.
- I agree to use only materials equal to or exceeding the quality of those specified in the contract.
- I agree to maintain a credit rating that is acceptable to my creditors, suppliers & subcontractors and which conforms to the generally accepted practices within the industry.
- I agree to annually supply the organization with proof of Workers’ Compensations Insurance, if I have employees, and proof of Liability Insurance with a minimum coverage of $500,000 per occurrence.