2016 Parade of Homes Winners Announced
The two most coveted local honors in home building were presented at the Lancaster/Lebanon Parade of Homes Gala Friday evening, held at the Eden Resort & Suites. This annual Gala, attended by nearly 200 people, officially kicks off the Parade of Homes, recognizing all entries and announcing the winning homes.
The 2016 Parade of Homes Fulton Bank Award for Best Single-Family Home was bestowed on Custom Home Group for their home at 6 Alans Green, Lancaster (Entry 29). The 3,532 square foot estate in the Mill Creek development boasts:
- 4 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths and first-floor master suite
- 580-sq. ft. finished basement area, finished 3-car garage, sunroom and rear deck
- 9’ first-floor ceilings, 10’ basement walls, 2-story foyer and Great Room
- Upgraded trim package with coffered ceilings, tray ceilings and cathedral ceilings
- Gas fireplace in Great Room, built-in bench in mudroom, and walk-in pantry
- Master bath with clawfoot tub, large walk-in tile shower and separate vanities with quartz countertops
- Painted and glazed kitchen cabinets, painted accent at island, granite countertops and tile backsplash
- Hand-scraped hardwood floors
- Interior design services and furnishings by InteriorsHome
The 2016 Parade of Homes Fulton Bank Award for Best Townhome was presented to Rockford Homes, LLC for their home at 1291 Fieldstone Drive, Mount Joy, Entry 37. The 2,363 square foot three bedroom, three bath end unit offers:
- Open floor plan with a stunning rustic/modern style, located in private community
- Mowing and snow removal by HOA
- Within walking distance of shops, restaurants and banks
- First-floor master suite with tray ceiling and custom-designed bath with walk-in closet
- 9’ coffered ceilings on first floor
- Screened-in-porch leading to large Stampcrete patio
- Family room with stacked stone fireplace and balcony above
- Custom kitchen design with quartz tops, tile backsplash and upgraded appliances
- Custom trim throughout with wainscoting and chair rail in dining room
- Custom floors on first floor
Honorable mention for the Fulton Bank Awards went to Hogan and Herr for their Single Family home at 5808 Wild Lilac Drive, East Petersburg (Entry # 26) and Murry Communities for their Townhome at 160 Sawgrass Drive, Millersville (Entry #36).
The Parade entries were separated into 13 divisions according to the price and type (single family or townhome). Along with the Fulton Bank Awards, one home in each division earned a “Best in Show” Award, with additional awards for “Best” in: Exterior, Interior Design, Bath, Kitchen, Decorating, and Landscaping. The entries were judged on June 7 and 8 by home building experts and professionals from outside the area, using a numerical scoring system.
“Best of Show” winners in each Division are:
Single Family, Division 1 ($246,990-$264,900): Garman Builders (Entry #1), 163 Oaken Way, Myerstown
Single Family, Division 2 ($288,700-$299,900): Landmark Homes (Entry #4), 1 Creekside Drive, Lebanon
Single Family, Division 3 ($324,700-$339,990): Garman Builders (Entry #7), 542 S. Lancaster Street, Annville
Single Family, Division 4 ($363,095-$369,900): C&F, Inc. (Entry #12), 30 Katherines Way, Lancaster
Single Family, Division 5 ($399,900-$430,000): Rohrer's Construction (Entry #15), 103 Farmington Lane, Elizabethtown
Single Family, Division 6 ($469,912-$494,876): Zimmerman Home Builders (Entry #23), 647 Golden Eagle Way, Lancaster
Single Family, Division 7 ($517,970-$599,900): Hogan & Herr (Entry #26), 5808 Wild Lilac Drive, East Petersburg
Single Family, Division 8 ($799,912-$899,900): Custom Home Group (Entry #29), 6 Alans Green, Lancaster
Townhome, Division 1 ($199,900): Clyde Stumpf & Son, Inc. (Entry #30), 97 Midway Farms Lane, Lancaster
Townhome, Division 2 ($254,900-$279,900): Metzler Home Builders (Entry #34), 20 Wigeon Way, Elizabethtown
Townhome, Division 3 ($310,900-$339,950): Rockford Homes (Entry #37), 1291 Fieldstone Drive, Mount Joy
Townhome, Division 4 ($364,245-$372,950): Cedar Knoll Builders (Entry #39), 3303 Warner Avenue, Quarryville
Townhome, Division 5 ($469,987): Traditions of America (Entry #41), 1068 Constitution Drive, Lititz
The Parade runs June 11-19 from 5-8 pm (weekdays) and from 12-6 pm (weekends). Sponsored by Fulton Bank and UGI Utilities, this year’s event presents 41 new single-family homes and townhomes from 21 different builders, ranging in price from $199,900 to over $899,000.
Detailed information on the Parade and all of the home entries is available at the official Parade of Homes website. Parade of Homes Guidebooks with the same information are available at Fulton Bank locations throughout Lancaster and Lebanon Counties, and at the BIA office at 204 Butler Avenue, Lancaster. The event is free and open to the public.
This year’s Parade showcases over $15 million in the finest new home construction in Lancaster and Lebanon Counties, incorporating the latest in design, decorating and trends. Featured trends include:
- First Floor Master Suite
- Exceptional Outdoor Living
- Neighborhood Amenities
- Easy Living Community
Each of these trends is assigned an icon which appears with the home’s listing in the guidebook and on the website to help the public find the features they are looking for.
The Parade of Homes offers the opportunity to tour new homes located throughout Lancaster and Lebanon Counties. At no other time are so many beautifully furnished homes available for public viewing, allowing a unique and inspiring experience for all who visit the entries. Attendees will be able to garner ideas for building, remodeling, or decorating their own home and meet with local realtors and builders who can help make owning their dream home a reality.